Alex Kinsey

Alex Kinsey won The X Cistron Usa in 2013 (Picture: Nick Gilligan)

Almost six years afterwards Alex Kinsey won The 10 Factor US with former partner Sierra Deaton, the 27-year-old has spoken out about the bear witness's lack of aftercare.

The The states version of the testify ended in 2013 but Alex has admitted that despite dreaming for years of 'going out and playing shows and existence in a position where people cared enough to heed to my music', the choice to speak to someone well-nigh his mental health would have made the world of difference.

'I would have loved to have gone to psychiatrist for a year to make certain I wasn't going crazy,' he says.

'There was a psychologist on the show – ever a post-show interview win or lose – and they check yous to brand sure you won't go crazy but a xx-infinitesimal chat isn't enough to tell whether I volition crazy an hour after I won.'

'I did feel that if I needed it and made it credible I needed it [the show] probably would have figured something out but it was never offered,' he adds.

'On the show information technology was accessible, there was someone there only afterwards? It would take taken a conversation started by me.'

Sorry, this video isn't available any more.

In the years after their win, Alex and Sierra were allegedly dropped past their record characterization – with the pair reportedly never beingness officially told – and in 2017 they confirmed that their romance was likewise over.

But now Alex is dorsum with a brand new solo EP which he debuted at LA'due south iconic Hotel Buffet on 6 June and despite the vocalist songwriter'southward history on one of the biggest Television set shows in the world, he admits he's even so nervous to go solo and release the incredibly personal tracks he has been working on.

'I am nervous about this week specifically because it'southward the starting time time I am doing these songs,' he says.

The six-track EP, called Political party Of One, is a blend of edgy indie and moody popular but he says that these half-dozen songs were picked because in that location is 'nil well-nigh whatever of them that is the same'.

'All of them are on the EP for unlike reasons… I simply genuinely like the music,' he says, 'when I get to the car these are the half-dozen I wanted to mind to, and now they are out I want others to listen to them.'

'When I wrote them – there are sessions when you walk out either going that will be something or I'll never hear that again, and all six the first time I heard them I thought these volition be something and they all evolved into this EP.'

He does accept a favourite though.

'I dear Oh Mama as it's the nigh out there and the least similar me,' he admits.

'I am not the coolest person in the world but that song makes me cool. It makes all the people I think are cool trip the light fantastic so anytime I play it for my friends who are absurd they are similar that 1 is sweet, so I base information technology off of that.'

Alex Kinsey

Being a solo act after years of working in a duo is a terrifying prospect (Picture: Nick Gilligan)

For Alex, becoming a solo act afterward years of working in a duo is a terrifying prospect but he says that'southward considering 'people find comfort in having some other stance'.

'When you have someone who has the same goals and is creating the same art, information technology's dainty, information technology'due south like having a fallback with another opinion and the scary function was the decisions were mine and if they were the wrong ones, they fell on my shoulder… but when they are slap-up decisions, it'southward then heady.'

Jason Mraz, John Meyer, Andy Grammer and The Beatles are, he says, 'always the core of where my music comes from' but acts such equally Billie Eilish and Wolf Pack are also inspiring him and as new music comes along he finds his 'inspirations change' as well.

Equally for whether he'd ever render to The X Cistron stage, he admits that when the testify was cancelled in the U.s. he was left disappointed he could never get back but this although he'd never say never, he wants to focus his time on his solo work.

Plus, he hasn't exactly kept in touch with show mentor Simon Cowell.

'He was a huge factor in our success considering he immune us to what we wanted to do,' he says, before revealing that 'at that place was one week that he made u.s.a. do a song and it was the only calendar week we really got negative reviews'.

And and so he laughs: 'He was amazingly supportive and such a nice person and then sugariness, but after the show I call back I spoke to him similar one time.'

Kinsey's EP Political party Of 1 is available at present.

Got a showbiz story?

If you lot've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing usa celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff folio - we'd honey to hear from you lot.

MORE : Fiddling Mix are giving united states of america truly tropical retro vibes this summertime ahead of new track Bounciness Back

More than : Jo Wood reveals health misdiagnosis that fabricated her desire to save the planet